Discovering Delicious Eid Al Fitr Desserts and Sweets in the UAE
Eid El Fitr celebrations in the UAE begin a few days before the Eid. Families start purchasing Eid outfits and prepare Eid El Fitr desserts and sweets in the UAE. They also work to clean houses, mosques, and streets and put decorations in preparation for blissful happy occasions. Eid celebrations in the UAE are related to several traditions and customs and people exchange Eid greetings.
Many families eat Eid El Fitr sweets and other dishes. Among the most famous Eid El Fitr deserts in the UAE, there is Al Harisa. People gather in the evenings to enjoy the performances of the folklore bands and the dances and songs that are interspersed with them.
The most famous Eid El Fitr deserts in the UAE
The Emirati sweets are derived from the heritage of the country that people love to keep and revive. With the huge development of the UAE and the mingling of various cultures in the country, many international dishes and sweets began spreading among the Emiratis. The traditional Eid El Fitr sweets in the UAE include Luqaimat, Balaleet, Khabeesa and Maamoul stuffed with dates and nuts.
Balaleet is among the most popular Eid El Fitr deserts in the UAE. It is an easy-to-prepare dish that requires simple and readily available ingredients. You can cook Balaleet following the following steps.
The ingredients of Balaleet
- One pack of vermicelli
- One and a half cups of sugar
- Small spoon of salt
- Three large spoons of oil
- A large spoon of butter
- Half a spoonful of soft cardamom
- Three eggs
- A quarter cup of saffron
Preparation method of Balaleet
- The vermicelli is boiled and then oil and salt are added, until it reaches a stage just before maturity.
- Strain the vermicelli to get rid of the boiling water and wash it with cold water
- Put the butter in a frying pan. Afterwards, you add vermicelli, water, cardamom and saffron
- Stir gently until the ingredients are mixed, the sugar is dissolved, and the ingredients are cooked.
- In another pan, fry each egg on its own and then add salt and pepper.
- The Balaleet is put in a large dish and add the eggs to decorate the dish.
How to prepare Luqaimat
Luqaimat is another delicious and popular Eid El Fitr sweets in the UAE.
The ingredients of Luqaimat
- Two cups of white flour.
- A teaspoon of sugar.
- A teaspoon of yeast.
- A teaspoon of liquid vanilla.
- One tablespoon of cornstarch.
- A quarter teaspoon of salt.
- One and a half tablespoons of powdered milk.
- A cup and a quarter of water.
- Vegetable oil for frying
The ingredients of the syrup of the Luqaimat
- Two cups of sugar.
- 1 cup of water.
- A teaspoon of liquid vanilla.
- A teaspoon of lemon juice.
The method of preparation
- Put the flour together with the water, salt, and sugar in electric mixer.
- All the components are mixed together so that the paste is semi-liquid and then you put it in a deep bowl and cover it with a piece of cloth.
- Leave the ingredients in a warm place for two hours.
- You start preparing the syrup mixing water, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Stir the paste with a plastic fork for seconds and then cover it again.
- Put a little amount of oil in the frying pan
Prepare a large spoon with holes and another small spoon immersed in oil to position small circles of paste and put them in the frying pan.
- You take out the fried Luqaimat and put them directly in the syrup while stirring them softly
The Luqaimat will be ready to serve after cooling down for a little.